It’s the first of January, and the first of yet again another year. I still didn’t quite feel the holiday spirit this time. So much so that I actually slept through New Year’s Eve — a definite first for me.
My mother was waking me up, telling me that it’s already midnight and that the food’s ready. I remember half-opening my eyes and falling back into Neverland again. My dog even tried waking me up by licking my face but to no avail.
I’m not really sure what’s up with this holiday season that I just cannot seem to get in the spirit of it no matter what I do or how hard I try.
Maybe I’m missing something that I just can’t put my finger on. Maybe I’m just getting too old for all this shit. Maybe it’s something else entirely. I’m not sure.
But hey, we’ve welcomed another year once more and I don’t know how I feel about it. Time seems to fly by terribly quickly these days and I can’t keep up with it.
This isn’t going to be sob post because for the most part, 2017 has been very good to me. It was exhausting and stressful. My relationship went through a lot of ups and downs. But I’m grateful for a lot of things, too.
- I gained new friends that I know are keepers.
- My friends are still awesome, and we’ve been together for several years!
- I still have a stable job — no matter how fucking stressful it is.
- I got to cross off two items from 2017 wishlist (this is something because usually, I don’t get to cross off anything at all).
- I’ve been fairly consistent with my blog and journal.
- I was able to conquer one of my fears (work-related).
- My girlfriend and I are still together.
- I became stronger and more independent.
Hopefully though, 2018 will be a hell of a lot better. I have a lot of plans this year and I want to achieve at least 75% of them (crossing my fingers). Here’s to a better year; a new set of resolutions and goals; wonderful adventures; and to new beginnings!